Sunday, November 15, 2015

Big win for HBOE and Did you learn a lesson?


HBOE WINS THE WEEK
Congratulations are in order for Team HBOE.  The admin team crushed the competition this week with a big win.  

Lesson Learned
It's been a tough couple of weeks for me.  
I lost my father after his 9-month battle with COPD.  
Maybe it's because Dad's mom, my grandmother was a teacher, but one of his favorite quotes was, "Did you learn a lesson?" Anytime I failed or suffered a loss- he always included, "Did you learn a lesson?" During my basketball career as a player and coach I suffered lots of losses, but my toughest loss occured when I held my dad's hand as he took his last breath.  He taught me a critical lesson during the final months of his life, so please allow me to share this lesson with you.  
  1. The most important things in life are friends and family.
  2. Work, your career,  your profession is simply that.. but the people you interact with at work become some of your best friends so be sure to recognize that on a regular basis.
  3. Try hard to win, no matter what you are up against but be sure to thank those people who are there to support you and help you along the way.  NOTHING is really accomplished alone, it takes a team to win.
Thank you HCS family for being such an amazing group of people.  It's truly an honor to be a Patriot.

Keep Moving.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for always coaching us up Nivada, we thankful for you and your heart!

    ReplyDelete