Thursday, October 17, 2013

Owlmazing!

PATRIOT POINT CHALLENGE: SCES has done it again.  Week 6 of the PPC goes to the Owls.  The Patriot Point Trophy will be delivered to the Owl's Nest for the upcoming week.

WALKTOBER Challenge: 20 of you are logging in miles and/or steps in this challenge.  Remember that Walktober will be counted as one of the 5 events for the Movement Medal.

SPINSPUR Century:  HKES has been the most consistent in our Spinning program this year.  This week we enjoyed an outdoor Spin.  Congrats to the ladies who will earn their 100 mile shirts- "I Survived Spinspur's Century".


10 MINUTE MIRACLE:

 
LIFE HAPPENS
 I have to admit that for the past month, I have had to adjust my training plan to allow for my new world of living an hour and a half away which equals three hours of driving daily.  BUT, that adjustment hasn't completely ruined my focus on wellness.  I've lost out on my weekly swim with Aquaman aka Patrick Chappell, but I have inserted long walks with my dogs, Yoga twice per week and I continue to get my weekly mileage goals for running.  I've spoken with three employees about wellness goals over the past two weeks.  I have challenged each of them to carve out 10 minutes to focus on wellness in the form of exercise-The 10 Minute Miracle.  If you are struggling to find an hour to devote to wellness, instead focus on a small segment of time!  Form a habit.  Start with 10 minutes to form the habit of exercise and then after you have mastered the commitment, begin to extend your time frame!  Stop making big excuses (see Kermit above) and start making small changes.