Monday, January 16, 2017

Be the best me, I can be.

Last week Dr. Kiser and I had a walking meeting at the Edgewood Elementary School track.  Several things stood out to me as we walked and talked.

Here are just a few:
  1. Dr. Kiser's sock game is "on fleek".  A student ran up to us from the playground and asked to see what socks Dr. K was wearing, yep they were cool. 
  2. The students at Edgewood can quote their school mantra "Be the best me I can be."
  3. Teachers who take their students to the playground don't all sit while the kids are playing.  Some do, and that's understandable, but most were up and at 'em.  Walking around, talking to other teachers and students.
  4. Students when asked, can explain their individual fitness goal which is to complete 25 push-ups outside of the school day.  Check out Josiah Batson, son of former Lady Patriot, Emily Sockwell Batson.  
  5. Dr. Kiser eats lunch alongside students on a regular basis at EES.
My takeaways from the walking meeting.  We are modeling wellness for students, co-workers and family from choosing to stand during PE/recess to what/where we eat lunch, to how we conduct meetings/choosing to walk instead of sit and finally all the way down to the socks we wear!

                              What kind of "me" are you choosing to be?

Keep Moving.

Post your Patriot Points HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment