Sunday, January 29, 2017

Physical and Fiscal Fitness

I sat down yesterday and planned my training schedule for February.  Planning and scheduling is part of physical and fiscal fitness for me.  I'm currently operating on a bit of a budget reduction as a result of retirement.  No complaints though!  Retirement is kinda awesome.  In the past, I paid a personal coach who emailed my workouts to me.  It was easy, I didn't have to think or prepare, I just followed his lead.  As a retiree it's necessary to save money.  One of the ways I'm saving is creating my own plan instead of paying a coach-even so, the follow-through is critical!  It does no good to have a plan, join a gym or even buy new workout gear if the follow-through doesn't happen.  Follow-through is up to you.

Nivada's weekly training plan-
Schedule:  

  • Monday-AM: 20 minute Run Session/sprint intervals.  PM YCross Strength and YPower
  • Tuesday-AM 4:40-9am shift work at the Y and cycle class, PM-Functionals and Recovery swim
  • Wednesday-Cycle Class
  • Thursday-AM 4:30-9am shift at the Y, PM-strength session
  • Friday-AM-Functionals/Rest
  • Saturday-35 minute run/Tempo
  • Sunday-Rest
Speaking of planning, I want to give my sister a shout-out!  Another result of retirement budgeting is the need to plan and prepare meals at home.  My sister, who lives in Ohio is helping me plan meals and we meet online once per week (thanks to Google Hangout) to cook together!  Again, wanting to save money and eat healthy isn't enough, the follow-through is up to you.

One of our recent meals we prepared via Google Hangout, spinach salad with chicken paillards.



I know what you are thinking, Nivada has all the time necessary to plan workouts, focus on fitness and prepare meals at home.  Yes, that's partially true, but even so, there are definitely things that everyone can do to make small steps to save money and focus on fitness.  Think about your schedule, where is the wiggle room that might allow you to make some progress?

Want/need some help in the kitchen or with a training plan?  Interested in physical and fiscal fitness?

  1. Food-Take the time to plan/prepare meals at home.  It's much cheaper and much healthier.  Start with something simple, making small changes that will help you begin to adjust your habit of grabbing meals on-the-go.  
  2. Fitness-I'm always ready/willing to help you with your fitness goals.  I can help you set up a plan and get started.  
The follow-through is up to you.

What are you waiting on?  Get a head-start on summer fitness.
Spring Break is 53 days away.  

PPC Update: 
HHS will give up the trophy to SCES.  

Current Big Scoreboard standings:
1st Place SCES
2nd Place HHS
3rd Place EES
4th Place HMS
5th Place HBOE
6th Place HKES

Keep moving and POST YOUR PATRIOT POINTS.





No comments:

Post a Comment